The Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN) is the umbrella professional body for bankers in Nigeria. The Institute has the principal responsibility to determine the standards and skills to be attained by persons seeking to become members of the banking profession; secure the establishment and maintenance of a register of members; conduct professional examinations leading to the awards of certificate; and ensure the furtherance, maintenance and observance of ethical standards and professionalism among practitioners of the banking profession in Nigeria.
We provide classes and comprehensive study materials for the Institute’s Flagship Certificate, Associateship of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB).
The ACIB consist of three levels, Diploma, Intermediate Professional and Chartered Banker.
The successful completion of the levels will lead to the award of the Flagship Certificate Associateship of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB).
At the diploma level, candidates will develop and expand their understanding of the Financial Services Environment, and gain knowledge and exposure to modern banking practice and process. The examinations includes:
• Elements of Banking
• Basic Economics
• Accounting and Business Finance
• Business Law
• Fundamentals of Marketing
• Information and Communication Technology
• Quantitative Techniques
• Business Communication Skills
Intermediate Professional Level
At the Intermediate Professional level, candidates will gain knowledge and develop the skills required to take up middle management role in banking and finance. The examinations includes:
• Financial Economics
• Financial and Management Accounting
• Marketing of Financial Services
• International Trade and Finance
• Strategic Management and Leadership
• Corporate Financial Management
Chartered Banker Level
At the Chartered Banker Level, candidates will gain requisite professional knowledge, and develop the skills and competencies required for senior management role in banking and finance. The examinations consists of four core subjects and five elective subjects out of which a candidate is expected to select only one.
Core (compulsory) Subjects
• Banking Law, Ethics and Corporate Governance
• Bank Lending and Credit Administration
• Management of Financial Institution
• Practice of Banking
• Financial Planning and Control
• Treasury Management
• Human Capital Management
• Banking Regulation and Supervision
• Principles and Practice of Risk Management
Use the following links to get to details for Registration, Exam fees, dates and venues:
Use the following link to explore the ACIB
Or Contact Us: